International Summer Advertising Academy
Welcome to the International Summer Advertising Academy at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This program is designed to give undergraduate students a firsthand experience in American culture and English language, and to expand their advertising knowledge through classes and industry immersion.
Students will learn about advertising in a global context through a combination of classroom sessions taught by renowned faculty and industry experts, and cultural and industry immersion. Students will work on an industry project, and will present their work on the final day of the program. All program activities will be administered by the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising in the College of Media at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – the University that founded advertising higher education.The annual program is set to launch in July 2014, with arrival on Saturday, July 12, 2014 and conclusion on Friday, August 1.
The program structure is as follows:
- Welcome weekend
- Five days of intensive English instruction
- Two weeks of Advertising immersion (classroom sessions, field trips to Chicago and other Midwestern cities, and client-based project work)
- Final presentations and graduation ceremony
Why should I attend?
- Apply for academic credit at your home institution (30+ hours of English instruction; 40+ hours of advertising instruction)
- Establish connections with industry professionals, Illinois faculty, and other international students
- Learn advertising from the first established advertising program, a combination of theory and practice
- Present your work to clients