International Summer Advertising Academy | Guide to ISAA
What to Pack
- Computer. While a laptop isn’t required, it is recommended that you bring one if you have one. You will have access to the computer labs on campus, but it may be convenient for you to have a computer in your room and with you during your class and work sessions.
- Clothing. You needn’t pack enough clothing for the whole month; there is coin laundry on site in the residence halls, where you’ll be living. Summers in Champaign-Urbana are quite hot and humid, but nights can get cool. You may want to pack a light jacket or sweater. In addition, classrooms are air conditioned, and a sweater may be necessary during class as well.
- Power adaptors. You should bring power adaptors to convert to three-prong US outlets.
- Shoes. While we are traveling, you will likely be walking a lot. You should plan to bring some comfortable shoes.
- Phones. If you would like to use your wireless phone, you may want to buy a pre-paid US cellular phone to avoid international charges on your “permanent” cell phone.
Getting to Campus
It is recommended that you fly into Willard Airport (CMI) in Champaign, IL. If you plan to do this, we can arrange for transportation from CMI to campus upon your arrival. You may also choose to fly to O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, IL. There are trains or buses that travel between Chicago and Champaign-Urbana frequently.