Requirements | PR Certificate Program
- This is a 15-credit hour undergraduate-level certificate.
- All credits earned toward this certificate must be taken through the certificate program. Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all coursework in order to be awarded this certificate of professional development.
- Students do not need to be admitted degree-seeking students at the University of Illinois to complete the certificate. Students that are not admitted degree-seeking students when they pursue the certificate will register through the University’s Online and Continuing Education Office as non-degree seeking students for the duration of the five-course certificate sequence.
- Courses completed as part of the certificate sequence may also be applied to an undergraduate degree. Students should contact their own college for transferability information.
- Core courses required for the certificate are JOUR 200/AGCM 210, ADV 310, ADV 350 or JOUR 400 and ADV 410.
- Students will choose one additional course from the list of elective course offerings to complete the necessary 15-credit hour sequence.
- Upon completion of the coursework, students will receive an official Certificate of Professional Development in Public Relations from the University of Illinois.
Please note that while each course and associated grades will be listed on your University of Illinois transcript, the certificate itself will not appear on the transcript.