Professional Certificate Programs
Digital Advertising Certificate
5 weeks | 1 Session Per Week (3 hours) | $1495
Digital advances are continually shifting the consumer mindset and therefore the platforms advertisers use to reach them. Constant media saturation and awareness spread both user attention and dollars. The purpose of this program is to provide advertising, marketing and communications professionals the opportunity to study the digital ecosystem and how to think differently using technology as a tool.
This certificate is a 5-week program beginning Monday, April 6 through May 4, 2015. Sessions will be held at the Illini Center (4th floor) in Chicago on Monday evenings from 6:00 - 9:00 pm. Dinner provided. Participants will earn a certificate from the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) after completion of all five modules. Participants who do not attend all sessions will not be eligible to receive a certificate of completion.
- The Digital Environment (4/6/15) Where digital communication used to involve information sharing and commercial transactions, consumers now expect participation or a user journey. Digital communications have become almost second nature with a large percentage of the population being born after the advent of the internet. This course will look at the latest developments and how they shape advertising/the digital environment in the present and future.
- Social Media Measurement and Effectiveness (4/13/15) Word of Mouth meet the digital era. Consumers have always shared their thoughts about brands. Web 2.0 means those thought shave the ability to be amplified. How do you control your brand’s reputation when who you are is often secondary to who and what the market says you are? This course will look at tools for listening, interpreting and responding to what is being said about your brand in an attempt to manage your brand’s reputation. Not all social media programs are designed to increase revenue, but when they are, how do savvy marketers take a disciplined approach to tracking conversion and revenue.
- Mobile Marketing (4/20/15) With mobile devices popping up everywhere, and many individuals owning more than one, consumers are often connected to a mobile device. This module will focus on how to approach mobile marketing to create successful mobile experiences for consumers.
- Emerging Platforms (4/27/15) What are the new technological advancements on the horizon, and what communications possibilities will they entail? This module will look forward and examine how the newest technologies will impact consumers and advertisers.
- Web Metrics, Data Analytics & Visualization (5/4/15) Advertisers have a plethora of data available to them. This unit focuses on how to measure, optimize and present data to demonstrate results to clients and other stakeholders.
Data Analytics and Visualization Certificate
5 weeks | 1 Session Per Week (3 hours) | $1495
With the amount of data collected each second, what is important? How do we know what information to collect and how to transform the information into something useful? This certificate will teach marketing, advertising and communications professionals how to become a data "geek" and the steps to bringing your digital information alive.
This certificate is a 5-week program beginning Monday, March 30 through April 27, 2015. Sessions will be held at the Illini Center (4th floor) in Chicago on Monday evenings from 6:00 - 9:00 pm. Dinner provided. Participants will earn a certificate from the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) after completion of all five modules. Participants who do not attend all sessions will not be eligible to receive a certificate of completion.
- The Influence of Analytics on Marketing (3/30/15)
- Starting with the Consumer & Planning for Digital Analyses (4/6/15)
- Collecting Digital Data (4/13/15)
- Getting to What Matters (4/20/15)
- Pulling It All Together (4/27/15)
NOTE: All requests for refunds MUST be submitted in writing and RECEIVED no later than 11:59 PM CST by the dates listed below. Telephone requests WILL NOT be honored. Written requests for refunds will be processed as follows:
- Received by March 28, 2015 – Full refund, less a $50 per person administrative fee
- Received on or after March 28, 2015 – No Refunds
If you are interested in having our department provide a custom certificate program for your institution or company, please contact Rhiannon Clifton at email@example.com. We are happy to develop a custom curriculum and program to suit your needs.