Professional Digital Advertising Certificate
5 weeks | 1 Session Per Week (3 hours) | $1495
1 session at a time | $299 per session
Digital advances are continually shifting the consumer mindset and therefore the platforms advertisers use to reach them. Constant media saturation and awareness spread both user attention and dollars. The purpose of this program is to provide advertising, marketing and communications professionals the opportunity to study the digital ecosystem and how to think differently using technology as a tool.
This certificate is a 5-week program beginning Monday September 8 through October 6, 2014. Sessions will be held at the Illini Center in Chicago on Monday evenings from 6:00 - 9:00 pm. Dinner provided. Participants will earn a certificate from the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) after completion of all five modules. However, we welcome participants who prefer to attend only one module too.
- The Digital Environment (9/8/14) Where digital communication used to involve information sharing and commercial transactions, consumers now expect participation or a user journey. Digital communications have become almost second nature with a large percentage of the population being born after the advent of the internet. This course will look at the latest developments and how they shape advertising/the digital environment in the present and future.
- Social Media Measurement and Effectiveness (9/15/14) Word of Mouth meet the digital era. Consumers have always shared their thoughts about brands. Web 2.0 means those thought shave the ability to be amplified. How do you control your brand’s reputation when who you are is often secondary to who and what the market says you are? This course will look at tools for listening, interpreting and responding to what is being said about your brand in an attempt to manage your brand’s reputation. Not all social media programs are designed to increase revenue, but when they are, how do savvy marketers take a disciplined approach to tracking conversion and revenue.
- Web Metrics, Data Analytics & Visualization (9/22/14) Advertisers have a plethora of data available to them. This unit focuses on how to measure, optimize and present data to demonstrate results to clients and other stakeholders.
- Mobile Marketing (9/29/14) With mobile devices popping up everywhere, and many individuals owning more than one, consumers are often connected to a mobile device. This module will focus on how to approach mobile marketing to create successful mobile experiences for consumers.
- Emerging Platforms (10/6/14) What are the new technological advancements on the horizon, and what communications possibilities will they entail? This module will look forward and examine how the newest technologies will impact consumers and advertisers.
NOTE: All requests for refunds MUST be submitted in writing and RECEIVED no later than 11:59 PM CST by the dates listed below. Telephone requests WILL NOT be honored. Written requests for refunds will be processed as follows: •Received by September 7, 2014 – Full refund, less a $50 per person administrative fee •Received on or after September 8, 2014 – No Refunds